Tuesday, March 27

News bits

I saw an article today about a measure in Germany to curb infanticide by providing drop bins for unwanted newborns. How sad! How horrendous that this happens. While it's good that they want to reduce deaths by giving the mother a drop-point for her unwatned baby instead of murdering the child, it's just so sad that it happens. Even more, the article indicates some women have murdered more than one baby. What is also sad is these mothers are arrested for killing their children outside their womb, but no action is taken against mothers who kill their unborn children. The article may be found here.
--------
"Woman, dog both sick after eating recalled pet food"
I feel bad she's sick, but really, eating your dog's food to get the dog to think it's people food? She could have completely avoided this. I feel worse for the dog that is poorly trained and sick!
----------
I'm making a couple new things this week and next, so I'll post my results. Recipes include:
Garlic-Herb Marinated Chicken Kebabs (Cook's Illustrated)
Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Bon Appetit)
Double Chocolate Tort (Bon Appetit)


2 comments:

Lingalls said...

Yum! I've made the Double Chocolate Torte a couple of times (the one with the raspberries, right?) It turned out so well, and it's one of my favorite recipes, for sure. I did it exactly as the recipe called...

Alicia said...

Laura, I'm so glad you like it! I just stumbled on it today while looking for something else, and I was amazed at the 179 reviews it had (nearly all good). I got some good tips from the reviews.