This is my first time being tagged, and I was done so by Catherine (a woman I greatly like and admire and wish I could meet! She's my virtual friend!). I love talking about books and I have linked many of them to amazon in my answers.
1. One book that changed your life: Desiring God by John Piper
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (retelling of Hosea set in 1800s)
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Well, with the hope that the desert island is not a deserted island, I would take a leisurely book along which I haven't yet read, such as The Warrior by Francine Rivers, and I would sit on the beach.
4. One book that made you laugh: I had a hard time with this one for some reason. Ummm.....my journals? Seriously, I recently read a past journal from college and laughed out loud at some of the things I said. I once felt that I could relate to Elizabeth Prentiss (she wrote Stepping Heavenward), a woman in history who suffered great physical ailments and was close to death many times. Readers, I had a COLD when I felt that I could relate to her. Not.even.close.Alicia.
5. One book that made you cry: Thorn In My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs
6. One book that you wish had been written: How to Eat Jif Peanut Butter From the Jar Everyday and Not Gain an Ounce
7. One book that you wish had never been written: The Koran
8. One book you’re currently reading: Secret Longings of the Heart by Carol Kent
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History by Thomas Woods (I am hideously weak on US History) AND (sorry M&D, I know you got this for me two Christmasas ago...I have started it, at least)
10. Now tag five people: Auntie Chris, Mom, Dad, Laura and Kristy. I'd love to hear answers from others! Those of you who were tagged who do not have a blog can post as a comment if you want.