Thursday, December 14

Out of this World

I was led to these pictures (taken in the last week, mostly by people in Iceland) while browsing my favorite photography forum. Someone mentioned the possible appearance of auroras over Earth as a result of solar winds/a solar flare (astronauts on the shuttle took refuge in the safest parts of the space shuttle due to radiation in space).

Could you imagine actually seeing the sky like that in person? That would be incredible! God never ceases to amaze me. I wonder what the astronauts could see from space.

One of my favorite verses of the vastness of God's might and glory:

"Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things, who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, by the greatness of His might and the strength of His power; not one is missing." Isaiah 40:26

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the northern lights once when we were living in the UP. It was spectacular - and apparently that wasn't even a very good night for it. They weren't bright like these photos, but it was still really neat to see.

Kristy